About Me

My photo
I enjoy all kinds of art. Over the last few years my favorite things have become mixed media and shabby chic & card making. I enjoy planning in my Happy Planner and creating in my Bible Journal or just art journaling & sharing on my YouTube channel Southern Angels Stamping.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

DIY LAUNDRY POWDER

SORRY ABOUT THE GREEN SCREEN NEAR THE BEGINNING! PLEASE KEEP WATCHING THE VIDEO WILL RESUME TO NORMAL!
THANK-YOU!

All ingredients will be listed down below.. 


Homemade Laundry Powder Ingredient:
1 Bar Zote Soap (finely grated)
3 Cups Borax
3 Cups Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Oxiclean 
1/2 Cup Baking Soda
Scented Oils or Crystals for extra scent if you want.

  1. First you want to cut your Zote Soap and grate it up. use a food processor will be good for this. You want to have it grated to a pea size.
  2. Next scrape it out into a large container with a lid that you plan to store it in like an ice cream bucket. Break up any large pieces.
  3. Pour Borax in and stir well and break up any clumps with your hands.
  4. Pour in Washing Soda and stir well.
  5. Pour in Oxiclean stir well.
  6. Pour in Baking Soda and stir well. You can also place the lid on and give it a good shake.
last you can place some drops of scented oils or crystals if you want extra scent. stir up well. place lid back on and give another good shake. 
Now you have made your first batch of laundry powder. When you use this to wash your clothes only need to use about 2TBS. for a really large load or extra dirty you can double that.
This will not suds up like store detergent. If you have sensitive skin and have problems with store detergents then this is a good way to wash your clothes. There are no harsh chemicals in the homemade like there is in the store brands. 
If you do try this out let me know. leave me a comment and tell me what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment